Online Selling is a great option with which you can start your new business or grow your existing business. In this blog, I’m going to tell you all about Online Selling, it’s benefits, platforms on which you can sell, and many more. So, let’s get started 🙂
What do we mean by Online Selling?
The act or process of selling goods, products or services online via the internet or mobile app, auction site, online classified advertisement, online shop, social networking, social media or webshop called as Online Selling.
Selling Online is not that complicated as most of use think. While, if you want to start a business then it’s much easier for you to start online in comparison to starting a business offline.
There are numerous benefits of Online Selling, especially in 2019. But still, many people go offline. That’s okay, if you can start an offline business then that’s great but you should also make your online presence else your business is not going to be in the long run.
In Online Selling, you can sell your products to anyone, anywhere who is interested in buying your product. There are many ways by which you can sell online. Here are a few of them:
- You can sell by creating an eCommerce Store
- Can start selling on big eCommerce Marketplace Sites like Amazon and Flipkart
- You can sell by creating your app
- You can sell on Social Media Sites like Facebook and Instagram.
- and many more…
What are the benefits of Online Selling?
There are numerous benefits to Online Selling. Especially, when we compare it with offline selling. You found that offline selling is nothing when we talk about Online Selling.
Here are the Benefits of Online Selling in 2019
- Sell Globally: You can sell your products in any country where the Internet is available, from anywhere.
- Sell 24×7: You can sell your products to your customers anytime, any day. Your store is always open for your customers.
- Low Investment: When you start selling online, you don’t need to invest a large amount into it. You don’t need an office, furniture, appliances and like that. All you need is a website and an internet connection.
- Easy Management: Everything is just a few clicks away in Online Selling. You can manage your stocks, orders, returns, payments and more by using a single software only.
- Targeted Customers: You can show your products or services only to those customers who are interested in the product you selling. This is possible because of Social Media Marketing/Digital Marketing.
- Low Risk: In comparison to an offline store, the risk of failure is very low when you sell online because you have a very large number of customers.
- Cheap Marketing: You can market your business/products/services in very low budget online. There are also many benefits to Online Marketing.
- Start Small: You can start your online selling business in as low as Rs. 5000/- which is next to impossible when we talk about offline selling.
- Internet Revolution: This is new and modern age where people would prefer shopping online in comparison to go to a local store. There are many reasons for that, but one of them is you can buy anything you want in just a few clicks while if you go offline, you have to search for the product you are looking for in almost every store to get the best deal.
Where to sell products online?
There are many online platforms out there where you can sell your products. But one of the best options is to sell product son big eCommerce sites. Now, what do I mean with big eCommerce Sites? Well, big eCommerce Sites are those sites who are already established eCommerce marketplace where you can sell your products. For example, Amazon and Flipkart are the best examples for big eCommerce Marketplace sites in Inda.
But, what are the other platforms available on which you can sell your products online?
Here the list of platforms available for Online Selling in India:
- E-Commerce Marketplace:
- Your Own Website:
- and more…
- Social Media:
How to start an online business in India 2019?
Starting an Online Business is not that complicated as it was when we try to start a business offline. You can start your online selling business directly from your home without going to any office for documents. Everything is online nowadays.
But, the main questions is how to start an online business in India 2019? Well, here is the step-by-step guide which helps you understand easily.
- Step 1: Find a Name for your business.
- Step 2: Register your business. You can form an entire company or you can start as a Sole Proprietor. You can also check out Different Types of Company Registrations in India.
- Step 3: Get your GST Registration. GST is mandatory for Inter-State Transactions and in an online business, you’re going to do inter-state transactions. You can register your GST for free from the GST Official Site
- Step 4: Open a Bank Account. You can also use your savings account, but it’s recommended to open a business account on the name of your business. GST Registration Certificate is enough to open a business account.
- Step 5: Create your seller account on eCommerce Marketplace sites like Amazon, Flipkart.
- Step 6: Add your products in Amazon or Flipkart. You can also get paid Cataloguing service from Amazon.
- Step 7: Build a Website for your business.
- Step 8: Create your Online Presence. For example, Add your business on Google, Create Facebook and other Social Media Accounts for your business.
- Step 9: Promote your products.
- Step 10: Watch Seller Traning Videos on Amazon or try to attend their Free Seller Training Sessions happing in your city.
- Bonus Tips:
- Don’t cancel your orders. If you do so, you might not be going to get your next order easily.
- Use Good and multiple product Images.
- Write Good Description for your products.
- Add every information possible to your products page, so the chances of returns will be less.
- Do your calculations before setting the selling price. Add all your expense and commissions or you have to face loss.
- Be Patient: You won’t get success overnight, you have to be patient. Don’t quit because you are not getting any order. There may be some mistakes you are doing.
- You might get your first order in just 24hrs or not even in your first month. So, be ready for it.
That’s all about this blog. Hope you got what you are looking for and if there is anything I’ve missed, do comment it down and I will try to add it.
Also, if you need any kind of help in Online Selling or have any questions and suggestions, then feel free to contact me. I love to help you with that. 🙂
Best of Luck!!!!!
Thank You 🙂